Tuesday, January 10, 2012

As I go along in this journey, I want to add pictures of my work in progress and tutorials about how I did a particular project.  Since many of the projects are worked at the same time, and take some time to do, the tutorials may run across a few months!

This picture is of a pillow I worked in blackwork. The pillow is linen (cream linen for the stitching ground, and black linen for the framing and back), and the stitching is in black silk. Blackwork is a technique using a double running stitch, backstitch and split stitch.  It encompasses several types of work, and there are spin-offs of blackwork called redwork and bluework.  The type of blackwork I have done here is floral outlining with geometric fill patterns within the outlines.  Other techniques you will see me use in blackwork are counted line motifs and shading.  As I work on new projects, I will offer more information!

Here is a closer look at some of the detail in the pillow!

No comments:

Post a Comment