Monday, February 20, 2012

Blackwork Collar Commission WIP

I thought I would start a WIP series, though this one should go pretty quick, as I have to deliver this commission in three weeks!

The commission is a collar for a man's shirt.  While the collar pattern I chose is pictured on a woman, I believe that the pattern is unisex enough for both men and women.  The pattern is the Pemberton Collar, and you can see it on the picture here.



I began on this project a couple of weeks ago, but had to set it aside to turn my attention to some biscornus (biscornu? biscornii?) I was stitching for a March 1 deadline.  (I put a tutorial in a previous post.)  I picked up the commission again yesterday and got pretty far, considering the detail of the piece.  So far I have about three inches of the eighteen that was requested.   
As I work on it more, I'll post more on my progress there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This post seems really short, so I think I'm going to add a few pictures of some previously finished projects.

The two photos above are the two sides of a sweet bag worked in petitpoint, a gift for Mistress Barbara Sterling on the occasion of her elevation to Pelican.  The bag itself is about five inches by seven inches, not counting the tassels, and the truly miniature pincushion drawstring pulls were about 3/4 inch square.  The project was silk floss on linen ground.  The pincushions have letters on them - B/S and O/P: Barbara Sterling, Order of the Pelican.  The tassels were handmade and the drawstrings were fingerloop braiding from the same silk floss as the tassels.




This piece was a commission from the Bardic Champion of the Barony of Bordermarch, Kingdom of Ansterorra.  The champion noted that there was no regalia for the office and asked me to create it.  I created this baldric for the regalia; in addition I made a belt token as a keepsake for the champion.  The piece was created in black and cream linen, applique design with buttonhole stitches in black (internal parts of the applique) and gold (outer outlines and all harp), backstitching on the horn, and roumanian couching for the harp strings.




No comments:

Post a Comment