Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Finished Commission

Well, I never did get around to posting the work in progress.  I promise I'll be better! Sadly I didn't complete the collar in time for Gulf Wars, but I did submit the work in progress to the Open A&S where I got lots of nice things, including a very lovely Green Man bottle from FireHorse Pottery.


  Here, you can see the completed commission.  As noted in my previous post, the collar is based off of Lady Pemberton's collar.  The cuffs are based off of Jane Seymore's cuffs in a painting by the same artist, Hans Holbien the Younger, seen below.







Jane Seymour, Hans Holbien the Younger


Detail of Jane Seymour's cuffs, by Hans Holbien the Younger
Detail of Cuffs









Here is the detail of the cuffs I stitched.  The cuffs are identical on both sides, just as they are in the painting.  The cuffs are right about 14 inches long.











And here is the detail of the completed collar.  This picture shows only about a quarter of the completed length.  The completed collar measures just under 18 inches.




I had a lot of fun doing these!

Next week I will add photos of a gift I have finished.  I can't post them yet because the gift is a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment